ABOUT ME

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Truth Out, Thom Hartman & His Book & Videos

OK you all.  I love this website.  And I really like this guy.  I've been reading his book, Unequal Protection: How Corporations Became "People"- and How You Can Fight Back, which is excerpted on the website along with a short video for each installment.  Of course, I like to read.  I suck up info like a vampire craves blood.  But I realize it takes time.  Serious, non-fiction reading is a bit time consuming when a person could instead, spend some free time with a great novel or even Si Fi.  Believe me, I do that too.

So, I recommend Thom Hartman's videos for anyone who chooses not to tackle the whole book.  They aren't too long.  Often only a bit over four minutes, usually less than ten.  Even better, they are clear and simple to understand.  Which I think is important.  Yes, the problems of the human race on this planet are complex and it seems understanding what is wrong with our country is too complicated to get a handle on.  But those feelings of helplessness might possibly be encouraged by those that would rather we didn't take the time to see what is happening to us.

Often the simple truth isn't really that hard to explain or understand.  How a specific "truth" works and how to actually deal with the truth can be harder to figure out, I agree.  But first you need some simple facts in order to make some decisions about how to live your life.  Do you really want unknown powers  acting on and effecting your life, your health & well being, your work, your spirit, family, community, the environement without understanding what is going on?

The United States was established as a Democracy which was a pretty radical idea at the time.  The people are supposed to create and run our government to serve and protect us.  But that means we have to pay attention if we are going to make sure this country functions for the wellbeing of the people.  Watch one of these videos.  See if you want to know more.

This is a link to his book online and each section has a video. You may also find these on YouTube.  The link is in my link list.    
http://www.truth-out.org/unequal-protection-how-corporations-became-people-and-how-you-can-fight-back68387

No comments:

Post a Comment